• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Tuesday, October 21, 2014

    Loch Lomond

    Guess which part of this picture reminded me of home back in Indiana?

    Not only was the trail dry and bogless, I wasn't rained on every day on The West Highland Way. It's amazing what that does for morale.

    The trail skirted the forested east side of Loch Lomond for about 20 miles. This was one of my favorite sections of the West Highland Way, primarily because I was surrounded by trees.

    This forest is home to many feral mountain goats.
    A few miles in, the trail passed the Falls of Inversnaid. A great place to hike with the fall foliage.

    A tree on the shore of Loch Lomond that I loved. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think because it looks like it could have walked there from the forest.

    Near the end of this section of trail, I was lucky enough to spot the elusive 8-legged cow.